MIND : ITS MYSTERIES AND CONTROL : 19-7-1.




Chapter 19 - Thought-Culture-7-1.

7. Techniques Of Thought-Control-1.

The following are some of the auto-suggestions for controlling your thoughts : -

(1) I shall not think of anything.

(2) I shall get peace, if I do not think of anything.

(3) My will is growing strong. I can control my thoughts.

(4) I will get perfect peace when I am thoughtless.

I eagerly long for that thoughtless state.


Each thought, by itself, is extremely weak, because the mind is distracted into countless and ever-varying thoughts.

The more the thoughts are restrained, the more is the mind concentrated and, consequently, the more does it gain in strength and power.

Destroy the evil thoughts one by one.

It doubtless needs patient work.


As soon as you slowly wake up in the morning, the first thought that comes is 'I'.

Then comes the memory of the events of the previous evening.

The strong thoughts that float in the mind this evening slowly emerge out the moment you rise from your bed in the following morning and materialise.

Then come the thoughts that are to fructify in the course of the day.

Watch this carefully.

Swami Sivananda
To be continued  ....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beware of Spiritual Gods ( Human ) : Part -4.

1.#Opinion : Thursday, 14 Dec 2023. 05:30. 3363// 1#On Reason and Higher Life - 1.Swami Krishnananda.///

METHODS OF MIND-CONQUEST - 6 Swami Sivananda.