MIND : ITS MYSTERIES AND CONTROL : 19-15.3.
Chapter 19 -Thought-Culture-15.3.
15. Sattvic Background of Thought-3.
3. It is a pity that the vast majority of persons have no ideal, no programme of life at all and no Sattvic background of thought. ( continued )
A worldly-minded person is a prey to sexual thoughts and thoughts of hatred, anger and revenge.
These two types of thoughts actually take possession of his mind.
He is a slave to these two sets of thoughts.
He does not know how to divert his mind and fix it on some other good, noble thought.
He does not know the laws of thought.
He is quite unaware of the nature and subtle workings of the mind.
His position is extremely deplorable despite his earthly possessions and bookish knowledge obtained in universities.
Viveka has not awakened in him.
He has no Sraddha in saints, Sastras and God.
He is unable to resist an evil desire, craving or temptation on account of his weak will.
The only potent remedy to remove his world-intoxication, world-charm, world-delusion is constant Satsanga or association with Sadhus, Sannyasins and Mahatmas.
To be continued ....
1. Living examples are our politicians in Bharatham,
2. Our present day students and their anti national student political wings,
3. Our imitators of west, Corporates, Film industry, Tv channels ( AIR AND DD ARE EXCEPTIONS ) and many more.....