ETHICAL TEACHINGS : To, EVERY STUDENT ( BOY AND GIRL ) OF BHARATHAM :2-7.
Respected family members of this great holy Nation.
*REQUEST ALL STUDENTS, PARENTS AND TEACHERS MUST READ THIS TOPIC
**IT IS URGENT IMPORTANCE IN THE PRESENT SITUATION OF THE NATION
Sub : ETHICAL TEACHINGS - To, EVERY STUDENT ( BOY AND GIRL ) OF BHARATHAM : 2-7.
Who Is Ever Seeking Happiness, For Happiness Is Attainable Only Through A Life of Virtue and Goodness!
Ref : Indiscipline and Anti-National Activities in the campus plus Students unnecessary political associations in the Schools / Colleges.
WHAT IS ETHICS?
2. Foundation of Ethics : 7.
7. Ethics: Eastern and Western
1. Western ethics is superficial.
It is surface ethics.
It treats a little of "good and evil," "right and wrong" conduct and behaviour.
2. Eastern ethics is profound.
The whole Sanatana Dharma is built upon ethics.
Yoga and Vedanta are based on ethics.
No salvation is possible without ethical perfection.
3. Western ethics does not sufficiently treat of absolute self-control and Brahmacharya, cultivation of divine virtues and eradication of vices.
There is neither Tapas nor asceticism nor control of the senses.
4. Eastern ethics gives paramount importance to Dama or perfect restraint of all the senses.
Eastern ethics lays great emphasis on self-control, virtuous divine life and righteousness.
There is intense asceticism.
There is perfect control of the out-going senses.
5. Western ethics does not speak a word on Atman or Soul.
It speaks of a little social service, altruism, humanitarianism, philanthropy.
6. Eastern ethics says: there is one Immortal Soul in all creatures.
There is one common consciousness.
If you hurt any other creature, you hurt yourself.
If you serve another man, you serve yourself.
By serving others you purify your heart and purification of heart leads to descent of divine light and final emancipation or Mukti.
7. Western ethics may make one a dry philosopher but not a sage or a Yogi.
8. Eastern ethics makes one a dynamic sage or a dynamic Yogi.
It transforms man into Divinity.
Next : 8. Ethical Culture -
Thank you for reading
To be continued ...