Reservation : - A social problem - Part-2.1..



Opinion

10/12/2015

129.


Sub :-  Reservation : A social problem

Ref : -  CASTE PROBLEM IN INDIA



All Members,


Respected family members of this great holy Nation.


"I have a message for the world, which I will deliver without fear and care for the future. To the reformers I will point out that I am a greater reformer than any one of them. They want to reform only little bits. I want root-and-branch reform."

- Swami Vivekananda


Part-2.1.


THE UNDERLYING IDEA OF THE CASTE SYSTEM-1.

A.

1. The older I grow, the better I seem to think of caste and such other time-honored institutions of India.

2. There was a time when I used to think that many of them were useless and worthless, but the older I grow, the more I seem to feel a difference in cursing any one of them, for each one of them is the embodiment of the experience of centuries.

B.

1. A child of but yesterday, destined to die the day after tomorrow, comes to me and asks me to change all my plans and if I hear the advice of that baby and change all my surroundings according to his ideas I myself should be a fool, and no one else.

2. Much of the advice that is coming to us from different countries is similar to this.

3. Tell these wiseacres, "I will hear you when you have made a stable society yourselves.

4. You cannot hold on to one idea for two days, you quarrel and fail; you are born like moths in the spring and die like them in five minutes.

5. You come up like bubbles and burst like bubbles too.

6. First form a stable society like ours.

7. First make laws and institutions that remains undiminished in their power through scores of centuries.

8. Then will be the time to talk on the subject with you, but till then, my friend, you are only a giddy child."

C.

1. Caste is a very good thing.

2. Caste is the plan we want to follow.

3. What caste really is, not one in a million understands.

4. There is no country in the world without caste.

5. Caste is based throughout on that principle.

6. The plan in India is to make everybody Brahmana, the Brahmana being the ideal of humanity.

7. If you read the history of India you will find that attempts have always been made to raise the lower classes.

8. Many are the classes that have been raised.

9. Many more will follow till the whole will become Brahmana.

10. That is the plan.

Swami Vivekananda


catur-varnyam   maya   srshtam   " guna-karma-vibhagasah,"

tasya   kartaram   api   mam   viddhy   akartaram   avyayam.

Srimad Bhagavad-Gita : Chapter-4. Slokam-13.



Thank you for reading.

JAIHIND.

To be continued  ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beware of Spiritual Gods ( Human ) : Part -4.

1.#Opinion : Thursday, 14 Dec 2023. 05:30. 3363// 1#On Reason and Higher Life - 1.Swami Krishnananda.///

THE SACRED - THE SECULAR : - 2.