Congress leader Shashi Tharoor on Tuesday quoted some "Bangladeshi friend" to contend that a "cow is safer in India than a Muslim" to suggest "growing intolerance" in the country.
Sub : Congress leader Shashi Tharoor on Tuesday quoted some "Bangladeshi friend" to contend that a "cow is safer in India than a Muslim" to suggest "growing intolerance" in the country.
Ref : Participating in the debate on intolerance in the Lok Sabha, he said the Modi government cannot promote 'Make in India' while there is "hate in India".
Respected family members of this great holy Nation.
1. Targeting Narendra Modi for his "silence", Tharoor said he was a "different person" before becoming the Prime Minister as cited how he had avoided resorting to "divisive" politics unlike any "clever politician" when bombs exploded during his rally in Gandhi maidan in Bihar in the run up to the Lok Sabha polls.
2. "The government must know you cannot promote 'Make in India' abroad while condoning 'hate in India' at home," he said.
3. India cannot sell itself to the world as a "land of pluralism, tolerance and Gandhianism while encouraging intolerance, communal hatred and minority insecurity within the country," Tharoor said.
1. He was a career official at the United Nations, rising to the rank of Under-Secretary General for Communications and Public Information in 2001. After 29 years within the UN, Tharoor announced his departure after finishing second in the 2006 elections for the Secretary-General to Ban Ki-moon.
2. He is an Indian politician, writer, public intellectual and former diplomat who has served as Member of Parliament from Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala since 2009. He was previously Minister of State in the Government of India for External Affairs (2009–2010) and Human Resource Development (2012–2014). He is a member of the Indian National Congress and served as an official spokesperson for the party from January to October 2014.
3. Tharoor has also become embroiled in several scandals.
Twitter was his favorite battleground. May be he did not believe in the power of Twitter three years before as everything that he tweeted become top debatable topics and even cost him his chair.
1.. Some of his tweets dug into various issues and became one among the most celebrated scams by media. His tweets which lead to his resignation – “I’ve had enough” with a link to his official press release. As a reply to this tweet, Lalit Modi tweeted the details of Kochi IPL team’s franchise owners which attracted official authorities to it. Smelling a foul play Shashi Tharoor was questioned by his party men, but later which he had to resign. Later, he had to submit his
resignation owing to pressure from senior leaders.
2. Another Twitter statement which angered his party people and the common man of the country was his mentioning of domestic class as cattle class. Although he had to apologize for hurting the sentiments of people, the tweet added on to disrespect for him in the minds of common people. The opposition also criticized it hugely.
3. “It’s a silly expression but meant no disrespect to economy travellers, only to airlines for herding us in like cattle. Many have misunderstood; I am told it sounds worse in Malayalam, especially out of context. To those hurt by the belief that my repeating the phrase showed contempt: sorry,” he tweeted asking for an apology.
4. Some of his other controversies include, him asking people to work on Gandhi Jayanti rather than enjoying the holiday thus remembering the Father of the Nation. His fellow Congress men said that it was the minister’s personal view and nothing to do with the party.
5. He was also found in a controversy when he criticized the new visa guidelines adopted by the Indian Government in the wake of gaps exposed by the arrest of 26/11 terror suspects, David Headley and Tahawwur Rana. For this he was criticized for breaking ranks with the official position of the government.
6. With so many controversies revolving his political career, the worst hit incident of his life was the death of his third wife, Sunanda Pushkar whom he had married in 2012. The much celebrated wedding in the Malayalee style in his paternal home in Kerala was conducted with all the rituals and ceremonies.
7. However, she was found dead in the Hotel Leela in New Delhi under suspicious circumstances. Just days before her death she had tweeted that a Pakistani journalist, Mehr Tarar had sent messages to Tharoor proclaiming her love to him. Pushkar had also added that the journalist had hacked both of their Twitter account and was creating more problems for them. This incident ballooned into a controversy after Pushkar stated the journalist to be a Pakistani ISI agent.
With all these disapproving events of his life, Tharoor campaigned for this election in Kerala and is expecting to win with majority of votes.
As Union minister under Previous UPA Government :-
Shashi Tharoor is not new to controversies.
1. Former UN diplomat and a celebrated author Shashi Tharoor's candidature from Thiruvananthapuram in 2009 had led to a huge controversy in Kerala. The local Congress leaders were against an 'outsider' like Tharoor contesting from there. They had even questioned his fluency in Malayalam. But, Tharoor dared to contest and won. An impressed Congress President Sonia Gandhi even made him a minister of state for foreign affairs immediately, causing a heart burn to many other aspirants.
2. A few months after he took charge as a minister, his stay at a 5-star hotel in New Delhi became a big issue. The then finance minister Pranab Mukherjee ordered him to vacate his hotel suit and move into a modest government accommodation.
3. A month later, Tharoor's tweet on 'cattle class' caused a lot of embarrassment for the government. In a response to a tweet on government's austerity drive Tharoor had tweeted that "he too was travelling in the cattle class like many others". Tharoor had to apologize for hurting the sentiments of economy class passengers.
4. In April 2010, Tharoor was forced to quit as a minister after his alleged links with a Kochi IPL franchise was exposed. He was accused of helping Sunanda Pushkar to clinch a deal. It was vehemently denied by the both. Eventually, Shashi Tharoor and Sunanda Pushkar got married ending the controversy and rumours.
5. Shashi Tharoor returned to the Union Cabinet as a minister of state for HRD in October 2012. But, the controversies did not end with it. The 'strained' relationship with Sunanda became public. Some tabloids and social media platforms made it public. It was once again denied by the both.
BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi even called Sunanda a Rs 50 crore girlfriend of Tharoor. It had attracted a lot of criticism.
6. The latest controversy over his 'hacked' Twitter account is the most damning. It has come at a wrong time. Shashi Tharoor is facing a very tough Lok Sabha election in the next four months. The opposition parties will surely use the latest hacked Twitter controversy against him during the polls.
'Washing the dirty linen in public' might cost him dearly in the coming days.
Is survival artist Shashi Tharoor stuck in an inextricable crisis?
1. The Opposition and many of his party colleagues are waiting for Tharoor to slip in the wake of the Delhi police filing a murder case in Sunanda Pushkar's death.
2. When former United Nations diplomat Shashi Tharoor won his second Lok Sabha election from Thiruvananthapuram last May at a time when the Congress was badly mauled across the country, it was expected that he would emerge as a credible voice for his party in Parliament.
3. With the Congress reduced to a mere 44 members in the Lok Sabha, the party was depending on younger and articulate members like Tharoor to corner the numerically stronger Bharatiya Janata Party-led National Democratic Alliance government.
4. But seven months after he pulled off an incredible victory in Kerala, Tharoor became an embarrassment for the Congress after the controversy over his late wife Sunanda Pushkar’s death last January resurfaced this week.
5. Tharoor finds himself in the proverbial eye of a storm after the Delhi police announced that Sunanda Pushkar had died an “unnatural death” and followed it up by filing a murder case against unknown persons. The latest twist in this case has cast a new shadow over his political career. And this time, Tharoor may find it difficult to extricate himself out of this mess.
(a) Grim political future -
1. Although Tharoor has not been named in the case, the questions it raises have put him on the defensive. This is bound to be exploited by the Opposition camp in Kerala as well as his political detractors in the Congress. The Left parties in his home state have already demanded Tharoor’s resignation while his own party in the state is watching carefully from the side lines, waiting for him to slip.
2. “For the present, his political future looks grim,” remarked a Congress leader from Kerala. “Don’t forget, he is not very popular in his own party.”
3. It is no secret that the Congress unit in Kerala has never been enamoured with Tharoor. Not only does he not belong to any faction in the party, he has always been viewed as a paratrooper who had been foisted on the state by the Congress leadership. On his part, Tharoor made no secret about his proximity to party president Sonia Gandhi and vice-president Rahul Gandhi.
4. And it was because of his influence with the Congress party’s First Family that Tharoor was appointed a minister in his first term and subsequently managed to survive a series of controversies that dogged him from the beginning of his political career.
(b). Often courting controversies -
1. He initially created a stir with his tweets and for staying in a five-star hotel at a time when the government had announced an austerity drive, for which he was publicly upbraided. He was eventually removed as Union minister in the Manmohan Singh government following a row over the payment of sweat equity to his wife in the Kochi Indian Premier League team. But he was re-inducted into the council of ministers over two years later.
2. In fact, when Sunanda Pushkar was found dead in a hotel room last January under mysterious circumstances, there were murmurs that Tharoor would be asked to step down as minister till the police investigations cleared him and that he would be marginalised by the party. But Tharoor stayed put and was fielded again for the 2014 Lok Sabha election from his old constituency.
3. “Tharoor may have survived so far but everything changes when it comes to murder,” remarked another Congress leader from Kerala, pointing out that the conservative state has little tolerance for murder and sex scandals. “Even a senior leader like P J Kurien faced a harrowing time when he was named in a sex scandal.”
4. The Congress has not disowned Tharoor yet but it will find it difficult to stand by him if the situation escalates. So far, party spokesperson Abhishek Singhvi, in a carefully worded response, maintained that a citizen is presumed innocent till proved guilty. “A First Information Report is the first step and not the end…let the whole process be completed,” he emphasised while calling for “balance and restraint” by the media.
(c). Cosying up to BJP -
1. But even before the police came out with its dramatic announcement, Tharoor had spoilt his copybook with his periodic pro-Modi statements over the past six months. These were seen as a clear sign that he was cosying up to the Bharatiya Janata Party-led government, perhaps with an eye on the investigations into Sunanda Pushkar’s death.
2. Not only did Tharoor praise the Prime Minister in a signed article for “his inclusive and conciliatory language”, he eagerly accepted Modi’s invitation to become one of the brand ambassadors for the prime minister’s Swacch Bharat Abhiyan. In fact, there were murmurs that Tharoor could even jump ship and join the BJP.
3. Predictably, the Congress was not pleased with Tharoor’s adulation for Modi. The Kerala unit of the party immediately swung into action and dashed off a complaint to the Congress leadership. Tharoor paid the price when he was subsequently removed from the panel of party spokespersons.
4. It is to be seen if Tharoor lives up to his reputation and survives this latest controversy. Or whether his short-lived political career will prove to be just that: short-lived.
1. Nobody knows Where Tharoor stands, what is his mind, etc...
2. His role as irresponsible MP, involving in unnecessary activities, etc.,.....
3. A PERSON OF FAILURES, UNFIT TO BE MP.
My view points
1. Wonder how the Kerala people from Thiruvananthapuram elected him, when an outstanding, noble, holy, experienced Sri O.Rajagopal was contesting against him, AS BJP CANDIDATE.
2. Sri O.Rajagopal was let down by Kerala people by a treacherous behind scene acts of CM of KERALA OOMEN CHANDY, AND CHURCH OF KERALA.
3. Result this unfit now as MP in as many controversies doing nothing for the Nation.
4. Tharoor is Hindu, now this man does not that Lord Krishna and his association with Cows ....
5. Tharoor being Congressmen does not know Mahatma Gandhi who had great love and respect for Cows ....
6. This man is mis-using secularism, and destroy this Nation's Rishi culture, which cannot be deleted in favour Muslim and Christian votes ...
7. These poisonous creatures along with the term secularism, divide this country as majority and minority, easy way to push Hindus down, to favour the the Muslims and Christian, (for votes), in the name of minority.
8. Hindus are not the cause for Muslim backwardness, it is the Madrassahs, the number one place where the Muslim children taught hatred and violence than religion.
9. Christians likewise has the conversion motives, behind the cover of services such as educational institution and nursing, they cheat backward Hindus, by telling them that only Jesus can help them......
10.Muslim backwardness are made by themselves, their denial of common civil code is one of many examples.
*** Finally 1. MAKE IN INDIA, 2. CLEAN INDIA 3. ACHA DIN : These three mantra-s are for this country-men, the state governments, and the whole people job to realize these holy words.
Opposition a stupid who make this propaganda from the beginning to assault the PM,
AND RAHUL BANGALORE STUNT WITH STUDENTS TO TARNISH OUR PM ...
WE MUST KNOW THAT PM IS OUR FRONT, AND THE ACTION IS OURS, CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY,
WE SHOULD LEARN FROM JAPAN WHO CAME ON THE TOP AFTER WORLD WAR DISASTER, IT IS THE JAPANESE WHO DID IT !!!
Thank you for reading
Next with another topic