MIND : ITS MYSTERIES AND CONTROL : 13-5.
Chapter 13-CHITTA AND MEMORY-5.
5. CHARACTERISTICS OF A GOOD MEMORY
The following are the four good characteristics of a good memory : -
(1) If you read once a passage and if you can reproduce the same nicely, it is a sign to indicate that you have a very good memory. This is termed Sugamata.
(2) If you can reproduce the same thing without increase or decrease, addition or substraction, it is called Avaikalya.
(3) If you can preserve a fact or passage or anything for a very considerable period, it is called Dharana (retentive memory).
(4) If you can reproduce a passage at once without any difficulty when it is needed, it is called Upaharana.
Next : 6. THE PROCESS OF RECOLLECTION
To be continued ..