MIND : ITS MYSTERIES AND CONTROL : 7.11.4.



Chapter-7. THE PSYCHIC STATES :

11.IMAGINATION :-4.

I shall explain to you the nature of “mental dramatisation.”

Mark the ways of the mind.

During conversation with your friends, the mind sometimes imagines in vain that it has hurt the feelings of your friend.

It spends much of its energy in unnecessary feeling.

You think : “How can I see him tomorrow morning?

He may be displeased with me.”

Next morning when you meet him, nothing happens.

Your friend starts a pleasant conversation and smiles.

You are surprised.

To your great astonishment, the subject of talk takes quite a different turn altogether.

A family-man imagines when a severe epidemic of plague ravages :

“What shall I do if my wife develops plague and dies now?

I have got six children.”

This is his vain imagination.

Nothing happens.

Sometimes, when the train moves slowly on the Pamban Bridge over the sea near Ramesvaram, the mind imagines, “If the bridge gives way now, what will become of me?

I shall be smashed to pieces.”

A touch of fear creeps in.

There are thousand and one ways of mental dramatisation like these.

The power of imagination plays a vital part in mental dramatisation.

Swami Sivananda
To be continued  ...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beware of Spiritual Gods ( Human ) : Part -4.

1.#Opinion : Thursday, 14 Dec 2023. 05:30. 3363// 1#On Reason and Higher Life - 1.Swami Krishnananda.///

METHODS OF MIND-CONQUEST - 6 Swami Sivananda.