Reservation : - A social problem - Part- 3.



Opinion

13/12/2015

134.


Sub :-  Reservation : A social problem

Ref : -  CASTE PROBLEM IN INDIA



All Members,


Respected family members of this great holy Nation.


"I have a message for the world, which I will deliver without fear and care for the future. To the reformers I will point out that I am a greater reformer than any one of them. They want to reform only little bits. I want root-and-branch reform."

- Swami Vivekananda


Part-3.

INEQUALITY OF PRIVILEGE VITIATES THE SYSTEM :
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.

1. It is in the nature of society to form itself into groups; and what will go will be these privileges!

2. Caste is a natural order.

3. I can perform one duty in social life, and you another; you can govern a country, and I can mend a pair of old shoes, but that is no reason why you are greater than I, for can you mend my shoes?

4. Can I govern the country?

5. I am clever in mending shoes, you are clever in reading Vedas, that is no reason why you should trample on my head; why if one commits murder should he be praised and if another steals an apple why should he be hanged?

6. This will have to go.


B.


1. Caste is good.

2. That is only natural way of solving life.

3. Men must form themselves into groups, and you cannot get rid of that.

4. Wherever you go there will be caste.

5. But that does not mean that there should be these privileges.

6. They should be knocked on the head.

7. If you teach Vedanta to the fisherman, he will say, "I am as good a man as you, I am a fisherman, you are a philosopher, but I have the same God in me, as you have in you."

8. And that is what we want, no privilege for anyone, equal chances for all; let everyone be taught that the Divine is within, and everyone will work out his own salvation.

9. The days of exclusive privileges and exclusive claims are gone, gone for ever from the soil of India.

Swami Vivekananda


catur-varnyam   maya   srshtam   " guna-karma-vibhagasah,"

tasya   kartaram   api   mam   viddhy   akartaram   avyayam.

Srimad Bhagavad-Gita : Chapter-4. Slokam-13.



Thank you for reading.

JAIHIND.

To be continued  ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beware of Spiritual Gods ( Human ) : Part -4.

1.#Opinion : Thursday, 14 Dec 2023. 05:30. 3363// 1#On Reason and Higher Life - 1.Swami Krishnananda.///

THE SACRED - THE SECULAR : - 2.