Why Ethics for Bharatheeya Citizens ?
Sub : Why Ethics for Bharatheeya Citizens ?
Ref : Earlier discussion dated 19/10/2015 in this column.
1. Urgent and most Important Thought ! : Character development of Citizens in Bharatham -
2. Character education at Schools in Bharatham ! ?
Respected family members of this great holy Nation.
1. In the religions of the Rishi-s, ethics and morality are not a set of heartless rules of "do's" and "don'ts", (as in semitic religions Islam and Christianity ) with a baseless threat of an eternal damnation for all those who dare disobey those prophet-made rules.
2. "This is at once the strength and weakness of Hinduism."
3. It is a weakness inasmuch as it gives freedom for those who want to an ugly life of sighs and sobs for themselves and, death and destruction for others.
4. Compared with other religions of the world the brilliance and beauty of Hinduism are not merely in that we are not enslaved by the 'Commandments' of any single Prophet, but also in that we are not forced to obey implicitly any rules of conduct prescribed of an ancient dead past; they strive to make us understand why a certain way - of - life has been prescribed.
5. No doubt, many of the moral and ethical rules of right living are common in all the existing religions.
6. "But only in Hinduism they are emphasized as so many intelligent policies of economising the personality dynamism available in the individuals."
7. The quality and quantity of thoughts entertained by any given personality determine the amount of wear and tear suffered by the youthfulness.
8. We see amidst us cheerful and happy men living a life, both vigorous and youthful, even at the age of eighty, and also wretched specimens who show the weariness of eighty years even at the age of eighteen.
9. Dissipation of mental energies ends in the "tuberculosis of the mind."
10. To detect this wasteful diseases at the right moment and to carefully nurse back the tubercular mind to a healthy condition is the contribution of "Ethics" in the "Yoga-sastram"of Bharatham.
11. Such a rehabilitated mind returned to the pursuit of the right values of life brimming with an ever-growing energy, becomes the right vehicle to gain real achievements in life.
12. Next : "Mental rehabilitation programme ........
Thank you for reading